Formic Pro is a varroa mite treatment that uses formic acid as the active ingredient. It has two application options of either 14 days, or 20 days. When applied as intended Formic Pro has an 83-97% efficacy and kills mites under the cap and on the adult bees. For those customers familiar with Mite Away Quick Strips, this is a very similar product from the same manufacturer, however the product is much more stable for longer term storage.
All Formic Pro pads come with a field guide and safety data information in and/or on the packaging. Please review all information provided in and on the packaging prior to use.
Optimal treatment temperatures for Formic Pro are between 50°-85°F/10°-29.5°C. Remove entrance reducers.
Note this product can only be shipped within Canada.
- Residue Free: Treat during the Honey Flow. Formic Pro leaves no residues in wax or honey.
- Ready to Use: Formic Pro is ready to use. No mixing required.
- Natural: Formic Pro is made from all natural RAW materials.
- Biodegradable: Formic Pro strips are made from all natural biodegradable materials and can be composted.
- Quick Options: There are two treatment options when local thresholds are met: Option One: 2 strips for 14 days. Option Two: 1st strip for 10 days remove and replace with 2nd strip for an additional 10 days.
- No Resistance: Formic Acid has been used for over 30 years without any known resistance.